Product Range > Concrete Casting
Why to use it?
How to Use
BS 17 3P is a super plasticizer admixtures for concrete mixes.
It comes as a dark brown liquid. The product is designed to improve the properties of concrete being used on construction sites & Pumpable Concrete Needs
Benefits of using BS-17 3P Super Plasticizer
- BS-17 3P increases concreting operation efficiency, it helps in reducing cost by improving pumping efficiency, provides optimum flow and homogeneity to the mix
- It dramatically improves concrete consistency and flow ability without needing extra water.
- It reduces the internal particle friction and thixotropic properties of the mix to a minimum without creating any risk of segregation, thus making the pumping and pouring operations more efficient.
- It reduces the need for vibration and allows dependable pouring in tight areas
- It is a Chloride Free Super Plasticizer
- It is a Water Reducing Agent for Concrete (Up-to 15% water may be reduced)
- It greatly increase early and final strengths
- It reduces the internal particle friction and improves Thixotropic properties of the concrete mix
- It drastically improves the workability and flowing properties of the concrete
It has to be added to the water being used to cast the concrete or directly put in the drum mixing unit.
Instructions for Use
- Using BS-17 3P at the job site: BS-17 3p has to be added to concrete mixing just before placement of the concrete
- Similarly it has to be added in the ready-mix concrete when initiating mixing on the loader. When admixing in ready-mixing churn at full speed for 5 minutes for thorough dispersion.
- To ensure proper performance of the system, make sure that the mixing is done for 3 to 5 minutes.
- The effect the BS-17 3p shall last 50 to 65 minutes after the concrete has been admixed. The concrete should therefore be placed without any delay.
- If more workability time is required, additionally concrete retarders may be used to allow for longer periods of placement without any loss of slump.