BS Drycrete is a chloride free integral waterproofing admixture for concrete with added plasticizing effects.
The blending of BS Drycrete in the concrete or plaster mortar contracts capillaries thus making the concrete or plastered mass dense and waterproof.
It comes as a dark brown liquid . It makes cement savings possible by 5% . It is safe to use and doesn’t include any harmful chemicals like as chloride.
- BS Drycrete is a waterproofing admixture for concrete and plaster with additional plasticizing properties.
- Adding BS Drycrete in the concrete & plaster mortar shrinks capillaries thus making the mortar mass denser and therefore not allowing water to be easily absorbed.
- BS Drycrete helps in making final cured concrete or plaster waterproof and water resistant.
- BS Drycrete is suggested for use in production of waterproof concrete & plaster in conformance to with IS 2645.
Instructions for Use
On Site or Lab trials will establish the dose of BS Drycrete ranging from 0.30% to 0.60% by weight of cement in normal mix design conditions, the dose will vary from site to site and plant to plant based on type of application, type of cement, type aggregates etc.
If you require mix design of your concrete we can do it for you. Please connect with us for the same.
- BS Drycrete needs to be mixed with gauging water or can be added to concrete during the process of mixing.
- Mixing should be continued for at least two minutes after the addition of BS Drycrete.
- The gauging water should be properly adjusted taking into account the water reduction brought about due to the addition of BS Drycrete.
- BS Drycrete should be added at a rate of 0.3% to 0.6% of cement weight subject to minimum of 1kg/m3 of the concrete mix. However, the exact quantity of BS Drycrete to be added in the production of waterproof concrete would be best determined by conducting site tests.
Areas of application of BS Drycrete
- For all the Plaster Mortar exposed to moisture
- Concrete casting for final terraces,
- Concrete mortar of leveling course on terrace slab
- Concrete for constructing water-bodies