BS MoistureZero is a composite acrylic polymers based cementitious, crack resistant & flexible waterproofing coating system.
It is to be used after mixing with cement in following ratio
1Kg BS MositureZero + 1.75 Kg Cement
- It is based on high density cross linked layer forming technology that gives it the required flexibility to withstand hairline cracks.
- It cures to form a breathable coating so reducing chances of blistering.
- It cures to a drinking water safe coating.
- It has good resistance to moisture ingress & crack bridging upto 1mm.
- Excellent adhesion to concrete and plastered surfaces
- Doesn’t release any toxic vapour or fumes when used.
Instructions for Use
- Surface required to be coated must be stable and clean.
- Remove all traces of formwork release agents if applied while casting, any previous coatings, or any loose concrete by chiselling or anything that may have a negative effect on the bonding of coating.
- Any oil if present has to be removed by burning off.
- Cleaning method may include cleaning by wire brush, surface grinders or water jetting as required
- Surface then must be prepared by thoroughly washing with clean potable water.
- Conduct repairs of of minor cracks & potholes by by "polymerised mortar" using BS Smartbond 100
- To make repair mortar following are the steps
- Mix 2 parts water to 1 part of BS Smartbond 100 Liquid
- In this mix of diluted chemical make repair mortar or "masala" by adding equal part sand and cement
- Also make a bonding slurry by adding 6 to 7 parts cement to this diluted BS Smartbond material.
- Apply bonding slurry first by brush and then conduct repairs with the "Polymerised Mortar" as prepared in point "b" above
- Use similar technique to create "cove" or "vatta" along the edge of floor and wall.
- Apply the bonding slurry and on that create the coving or "vatta".
- Number of Coats required.
- For Terraces 3 Coats with fiber layer
- For rest of waterproofing areas two coats are sufficient.
- Apply each coat perpendicual to last coat.
Areas of application of BS MoistureZero
- Terraces without Roof Gardens
- Sunken Areas
- Potable Water Tanks
- Basement Walls
- Lift Wells
- Swimming Pools